The Shadow Runner - Book Review

I recently finished reading The Shadow Runner by Vishal Bahukhandi. It is the story of two men - Govind and Veer- who join the Indian Military Academy, one motivated by revenge and the other by a paltry heartbreak, and their transition from ordinary to extraordinary. It is a story of camaraderie, brotherhood, determination, sacrifice, love and heartbreak. 

A highly recommended novel for those interested in the Indian Army and the Indian Military Academy in particular. 

For me, the highlight of the novel was the bold humour. I found myself chuckling and even laughing out loud over the course of the first half of the novel when Veer is an absolutely hopeless case.  The action scene at the beginning of the novel is well-written and does its job of hooking the reader. 

The main characters are well-developed, the pacing is quick, and most importantly, the novel scores well on what I call the "gripping factor" that keeps the reader wanting to know what happens next. This novel does not belong to the category of the type of novels I usually read, but it is definitely one of a kind. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slumdog Millionaire or Slumdog India?

An Excerpt from my upcoming Book

Moral decadence of the Modern society