Programming your mind for success

The mind is the most potent tool in the hands of man to steer his life in any direction of his choice. Thoughts become things. We create our lives in our minds. Imagination is the key. These are some quotes pointing to the same principle or law. There are innumerable books written about the power of subconscious mind for achieving wealth, health, happiness, love and what not. Ask and it shall be given. I have read countless quotes, shrouded in complex pattern of words, all guiding me towards one truth. We create our lives with our thoughts. What you think about today will manifest in your life in the future. What you have or don’t have today is a result of your past thoughts. Positive thoughts engender positivity in life. Negative thoughts spell our doom.


I accidently came across an article on Visualization a few days before my final MBA placement. It presented a simple, but powerful technique on visualizing the end state, what you desire (in my case, excellent performance in the GDs and interviews). I tried this technique once, only once, and the results were remarkable. All that’s needed is a quiet space with the ability to concentrate. The more clearly you see the end state, the better are the chances of its success. I placed myself in a mild trance by following the given instructions and pictured myself excelling at the GDs and interviews. I clearly formed a picture of myself receiving job offers and announcing the news to my family. I was particularly concerned about the group discussions as I’m not a person to interrupt while another is speaking, an imperative for group discussions. The next day, I was a changed person. I cleared all the GDs except one, and performed extremely well in the interviews as well. I was surprised at the efficacy of the mechanism and ever since, have been referring it to people I know.


So having experienced it first-hand, I became a believer in the power of subconscious mind. This is in line with the teachings of ‘The Secret’, which states that we create our lives with our thoughts. There are several tools listed in the book which can be used to control our thoughts in a better way. Gratitude is one of the best ways to attract good things in your life. Another tool is visualization – picturing you already have what you desire to have. It could be money, it could be great health, it could be love, or anything else. When our minds are programmed in this way, we automatically act to achieve those end results. This is one of the most effective ways to achieve what you want. And one of the most important mantras in life.

Comments

  1. Finally I am expecting a copy of 'consider us even' this week. Looking forward to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Khush. Once you're done reading it, do write your feedback on my blog - www.bookconsideruseven.blogspot.com.

      Delete
    2. Sure. Are you working on next one ?

      Delete
  2. Yes, I'm toying with a few ideas but haven't finalized on any one yet. BTW, I went through your blog and read the one about your neighbours and found it interesting. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Slumdog Millionaire or Slumdog India?

Moral decadence of the Modern society

An Excerpt from my upcoming Book